Wednesday 12 August 2015

My Inner Changes

This time, I'm going to talk about my inner changes after I've started to visit my counselor. She's a very nice and fun person to talk to. I was very nervous at our first meeting. I didn't really smile and I was really shy in front of my counselor. My (little) sister was also present at that time. (24 April 2014)

I've just visited my counselor today with my sister (my sister went for the second time after more than a year and it was unexpected for my counselor) and we talked about my changes during this whole year. My counselor asked my sister if she did notice the changes around me. My sister did notice the changes and summed them up. She said that I laughed more than before and that I've became more spontaneous in front of people. I even dare to say what I think or feel a bit more than before, but I'm still not very social and outgoing as my sister. Even though we're very different from each other, we are very close to each other. We can learn things from each other, like for example: I'm more sensitive to someone's emotion than my sister. I can read someone's emotion even if they try to hide it while my sister is unable to feel or read someone's emotion. On the other hand, my sister has a wider social circle than I have. According to her, the key to be able to expand your social circle is to have 'small talk' with different kinds of people. And when you have more connections with those people, you have more options to chose people whom you can trust and having serious conversations with. And then you have people to hang out with, but you don't have serious conversations with those people.

I felt really happy after this meeting because I could hear my changes from someone else. This meeting gave me more insight on myself. ( ^_^ )

What I've also noticed recently was that I began to speak more to myself. (inner dialogues) 
People asked me sometimes what I was talking about when they were standing next to me. They always thought that I was talking to them. I often speak to myself about my own emotions unconsciously. I don't know why, but it made me less frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and questions! I'll do my best to answer them :-)