Tuesday 23 June 2015

Steps of Wisdom

In this chapter, I'm going to talk about the progress of my self-confidence during this whole school year. But I have to talk a little bit about some things that took place in the past... ^^'

I began to follow music lessons (singing and music theory, and later violin) after school 3 years ago. I followed music lessons just for my own amusement and I've never thought about giving a concert either. (Because I didn't know that it was also on the program)
I got scared when my singing coach announced to me that I have to participate in concerts and exams for the first time. If I could remember it clearly, the concert that I gave for the first time wasn't very bad at all. (I've made some mistakes) But I was a very self-conscious person. I was a real perfectionist at that time and I was too afraid to make mistakes... I was a person who would panic right away after making some little mistakes... But after 2 years of practicing myself to change my mindset, I've become less afraid to make mistakes.

I've viewed each mistake as something very negative in the past, but now... I've become more spontaneous and carefree when making mistakes. I just view those mistakes as my working points...

I just took my time to take certain steps in order to get to my goal. (= building up my self-confidence)
And I hesitated a lot before taking decisions...

This is a list of the progresses that I've made this year:

  • Singing for my school, but hiding behind a pillar :-P
  • Sharing my story with the boys of my class (there are only 2 boys)
  • Sharing my story with other people (everyone of my class, some teachers and friends)
  • Sharing this blog
  • Participating at the public singing examination
  • Laughing together with other people (I rarely smiled in front of people)
  • Being more talkative and participating in some group activities
  • Taking the lead in a teamwork for a certain project
  • Showing my emotions and thoughts
  • Trusting some boys and men
  • Accepting rejections and critisism from other people
  • ...
No matter how big or small your steps are... Each step that you have made is a progress and you have to be proud of it! ;-)
Each step that you've made (by falling and standing up again) is a step towards new possibilities. Just by moving forward; no matter how big or small they are, you will gain more knowledge, strength and wisdom.
Most of the power to move forward comes from you. You have to take the initiative to change yourself when you aren't satisfied with the way you are right now... Another factor to help you to move forward is the support from the people who care about you. Just don't forget that you're never alone and if you need help... Just ask for it ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and questions! I'll do my best to answer them :-)