Wednesday 4 November 2015

Words

Some words can give us strength,
Some words can sooth our pain,
Some words can make us laugh,
Some words can make us cry,
And some words can break our heart...

Words can be transmitted in different ways. 
You can write them down on a paper, on your blog or in your diary; or you can say it out loud (alone or with someone else). 

Some people use their words to hurt other people (intentionally or unintentionally).
Some people use their words to express themselves. (thoughts, fantasies, feelings, ... etc.)
And some people use their words to help or convince other people.  

There are times that I've hurt people ((un)intentionally) with my words during an argumentation. And there are times that I've helped myself and other people with my words. That's what makes us human. 
Some people can express themselves orally and some people rather express themselves verbally. As you can see, I'm a person who expresses her feelings, thoughts and experiences verbally. 

The essential of this chapter is that you have to pay attention to what you say or write when you want to transmit a message to your audience. Your message can appear offensive to some of them or maybe not. But it depends on it... ( ^_^' ) 

Like for example: I've got offended during a lesson in class because my teacher said something that had hurt me. He said that it was their fault (the girls) of getting assaulted because they wore revealing clothes. But I got assaulted at the age of 10 and I didn't wear revealing clothes at that time. (And I still don't wear revealing clothes right now) I wanted to defend myself, but I said nothing after that because I was still afraid to let everyone know that I was a victim of it. (I was a second grader in high school)

This example is an example that really happened to me in the past. It's an example that talks about someone who had hurt me unintentionally. He said this without knowing that I was a victim, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and questions! I'll do my best to answer them :-)